On August 16, we’ll be launching a redesigned iOS app for field teams that reflects the last 5 years of customer feedback. The new app is built using the latest mobile technology and design trends and will be easier to use, update, and support going forward. The way your team does their work in the field won’t change — but they’ll find their workflows in Repsly to be more streamlined and intuitive with the new experience.
We built the new application on a brand new platform that uses the latest mobile development technology, which means it’s being released as a completely separate app in the App Store — this update won’t happen automatically in the background. To take advantage of the new experience, you’ll need to download the new app (just like you did when you first started using Repsly) and uninstall the classic application from your device.
In this article, we’ll walk through some of the key differences between the new iOS app and the classic app (we’re excited about all of them!) and how to get started with the new app.
- The main menu is now permanently located at the bottom of the screen, with Activities, Places, and Schedule always available for easy access. Tap on your avatar on the right side to expand the menu and view other options like Files, Notifications, Settings, etc.
- The Activity Feed now puts more emphasis on photos, so you can quickly review execution as you scroll.
- A new progress bar shows you how much of a Form you’ve completed so far, which is especially helpful when filling out long Forms during a store visit.
- An updated Schedule view gives reps an hour-by-hour breakdown of their day.
- More powerful account filtering allows reps to drill down in their Place list and create smarter daily coverage plans.
- A new Visit Details page shows an overview of the tasks, materials, due date, and other instructions before checking in for a visit. This will help reps prioritize the right types of visits, make sure they have the right materials before they leave their house for the day, or simply get mentally prepared before walking into the store.
- You can now see your most frequently completed Activities at each Place, so you can quickly find the Forms or other tasks you do the most.
How to Get Started with the New iOS App
When can I download the new iOS app?
The new iOS app will be available to download and use starting August 16. An invitation will appear in the Repsly Classic iOS app linking to the new application in the App Store.
How will I log in to the new app?
Repsly users can log in to the new app using the same credentials (or SSO method) they used to log into the classic app.
Will my team need additional training on how to use this app?
No. The new Repsly app has been designed so that anyone who’s used the old version of the app will be able to pick it up and start working right away, using the same features and workflows they’re used to from Repsly Classic.
What resources can I share with my team about the new app?
Feel free to share a link to this article with anyone on your team who wants an overview of what’s new. Or, join us for a Repsly U webinar on August 18 where we’ll cover what’s new and answer some of your questions.