As of May 2, 2022, all “Scheduled Visits” exports will follow a new, more detailed data format designed to help you create smarter schedules for your field team.
The new format will make it easy to track total scheduled time, average lateness, actual vs expected duration, and more. In this post we will outline exactly what’s changing and why we’re making the change.
Note: The Visits API export will not be a part of the changes rolled out on May 2, 2022.
Why are we updating the Scheduled Visits export?
This update to the Scheduled Visit export will make the data more clear and consistent with other Repsly exports, and will give users better detail about their Projects, scheduled visits vs realized data, among other details.
With the new format, you’ll be able to access:
- Number columns like Duration (in minutes) or Scheduled duration (in minutes), which can be summarized to prevent underscheduling or overscheduling.
- Separate columns for scheduled vs actual data to be able to see how visits compared to the plan.
- Better readability with clearer organization of data and standardization of language and formatting.
- View new information like:
- Project: see all the visits planned across projects, or for a set of projects, for example.
- Brand: see all the visits completed for a brand, for example.
- Late (in minutes): see if certain reps are consistently late.
- Scheduled/Incomplete/Complete tasks to see what wasn’t done on visits.
Summary of Changes
Here’s a full summary of the specific changes between the legacy export format and the new export format, as of May 2, 2022:
- Visit status column will have statuses renamed to be consistent with our terminology and prevent confusion with the new status “Unscheduled”, which is used for visits on a project that aren’t scheduled yet.
- Unscheduled → Unplanned
- Visited as scheduled → Done
- Missed schedule → Missed
- Upcoming → Scheduled
- Visit status will become the first column
- Due date will become the third column.
- It will become a True/False field to indicate if Scheduled date (new column) is a due date.
- Date and Time column will be split into multiple columns:
- Start time
- End time
- This will only be used for completed visits with statuses “Done” or “Unplanned”, as we do not want to mix schedule data with actual visit data.
- Time will be split into Scheduled start time and Start time
- Start time will only be used for visits with the statuses “Done” or “Unplanned”.
- Scheduled start time will only be used for visits with the statuses “Done”, “Missed”, or “Scheduled” (not “Unplanned”) and not Anytime visits.
- Scheduled end time and End time will be introduced as new columns.
- End time will only be used for visits with the statuses “Done” or “Unplanned”.
- Scheduled end time will only be used for visits with the statuses “Done”, “Missed”, or “Scheduled” (not “Unplanned”) and not Anytime visits.
- Duration will be split into two columns for Scheduled duration (in minutes) and Duration (in minutes) (actual visit duration)
- Duration will only be used for visits with the statuses “Done” or “Unplanned”.
- Scheduled duration will only be used for visits with the statuses “Done”, “Missed”, or “Scheduled” (not “Unplanned”) and a Scheduled start time (not an Anytime visit).
- These columns will be exported as a number and not as text to allow the user to quickly summarize how much time a rep is scheduled for (or has spent in store) in a time period.
- Late (in minutes) will be introduced as a new column to show the minutes between check-in and scheduled start time.
- This will only be shown for “Done” visits where the difference between Start time and Scheduled start time is positive (we won’t show anything for early check-in)
- This column will be exported as a number to allow the user to quickly summarize the column.
- Place will be renamed to Place name.
- Address column will be split into multiple columns:
- ZIP ext
Scheduled tasks, Completed tasks, and Incomplete tasks will be included as new columns after Visit notes
Scheduled tasks should list out the task description of each task scheduled on the visit, separated by a comma
Completed tasks should list out the task description for each scheduled task that was completed on the visit, separated by a comma
Incomplete tasks should list out the task description for each scheduled task that has not been completed
- Project name and Brand name will be included as the last columns if Projects are enabled.