Repsly makes it easy to bring POS data from retailers or syndicated sources into the platform for access via the Repsly mobile app and via our Insights Dashboards analytics platform. We have dedicated, pre-built importers for some of the most common US grocery data sources: Kroger, Walmart, Target, Whole Foods, and IRI — but also make it easy to bring in data from any other data source through a standard import process. For more detailed instructions on how to use our pre-built importers, see the articles below:
Continue with this guide for instructions on using our standard import format to bring in your sales data from other sources. Note: This is a manual process that must be repeated whenever you’d like to make new sales data available in Repsly.
Step 1: Download and save your latest sales data in the preferred format
First, download your latest sales data as an “.xlsx” or “.csv” file. Whether you are downloading your sales data from your organization’s data warehouse or a retailer portal, it must include the following columns and match the sample file format included below. We recommend bringing in weekly sales data, broken down by individual store and SKU. Here’s a complete list of the data you’ll need (blue rows indicate mandatory information):
Format your sales data
When downloading your sales data, be sure the format matches the sample file linked here. Your file should contain all 13 of the column headers included in the sample file in the same order, with exactly the same column names and formatting. All columns need to be present in the file, even if they are otherwise left blank. See the sample photo below for reference. If you’re downloading sales data from a retailer portal, you may need to reformat the data they give you to match this file.
Save your POS file
Save your POS file as follows: “Repsly_(storename)_(date reference)” (e.g. “Repsly_(Albertsons)_(2021-05)”). The details in parentheses are not necessary for a successful upload, but will be helpful for keeping track of the contents of each file added to the system.
Step 2: Upload your new POS file to Repsly
Now that you’ve downloaded your POS file, you’re going to upload it to a unique AWS S3 bucket*. This will allow Repsly to pull your sales data into the application.
*An AWS S3 bucket is a cloud-based location for data storage and sharing. You can securely upload files to your unique bucket, which gives Repsly access to download and use those files (like a shared folder).
- Your Repsly Customer Success Manager will send you a unique Access Key ID. You will use these credentials to access your dedicated S3 bucket.
- There are several ways to access your S3 bucket (including API). We recommend using a free tool called Cyberduck, which allows you to simply drag and drop your POS file into the S3 bucket.
- Download Cyberduck here, and open the application.
- If you’re using Cyberduck for Windows, click on Open Connection on the upper left side of the application. (Fig. 2a)
- If you’re using Cyberduck for Mac, click on the + symbol at the bottom left side of the application to add a New Bookmark. (Fig. 2b)
- Next, you’ll see a dialog box where you’ll enter the credentials your Customer Success Manager sent you.
- In the dropdown FTP (File Transfer Protocol) select Amazon S3.
- Under Access Key ID, paste your AWS access key
- Under Secret Access Key, paste your Secret AWS access key
- Go to More Options > Path and type: repsly-pos/ then paste your Company rowid (Fig. 3)
- Click Complete
- Drag your POS file into the Cyberduck window to upload. (Fig. 4)
- After loading your POS file into the S3 bucket you will receive an email notifying you that your upload to Repsly has been initiated.
Fig. 2a Fig. 2b
Fig. 3 (sample credentials, yours will be unique)
Step 3: View your POS data in Repsly
Once Repsly has finished processing your data, you will receive an email notifying you that your upload is complete. Now, you can view your brand’s latest sales data in your Sales Dashboard [Insights], and in the Sales tab on the appropriate Place pages in the Repsly mobile app.