Territory hierarchies can help leadership teams manage their team more efficiently. It is essential to set up territories and hierarchies as your business grows, making for a more comfortable setup for new team members and better visibility for reporting.
It is now possible for reps and managers to belong to multiple Territories. This will allow for better team management, no matter the structure.
Here's how it works:
We have introduced the Territory builder to create territories or territory hierarchies to group your places, representatives, and Backoffice users. You can navigate to the Territory builder by clicking on the Gear icon and then selecting Territories.
With the Territory builder, Backoffice users can perform the following tasks:
- Create, edit (move with drag & drop) or deactivate a multi-level hierarchy.
- Edit Place and Representative user assignments
- Multi-select territories for Representative assignments.
Backoffice users can use the Territory builder to create & edit a multi-level hierarchy.
Backoffice users can use the Territory builder to manage the assignment of Places and Representatives.
Territory filtering from the web app
Backoffice users can have restricted access based on territory access. They can also select a multi-level hierarchies in all filters & reports.
Importing places with territories
With our territory hierarchies:
- Places can be assigned only to the lowest level territories (leaves) in a hierarchy.
- Reps and back-office users can be assigned to any level in the hierarchy
- Reps and back-office users can be assigned to multiple territories
Territory hierarchy on the mobile app
Representatives on the mobile application:
- can be assigned to multiple territories
- can have restricted access to data based on permissions
- can choose a territory in which they are working (if they have more than one)
- if adding a new place from the mobile app feature is available for them, the newly added place will default to the rep’s current Territory.