To keep your team organized and focused on the right accounts and business opportunities, you can assign them to specific Places. This will help your group, organize, and manage your places most efficiently. The Places assignment works in the following way:
- multiple reps can be assigned to individual places
- reps can only see the accounts assigned to them
- when adding a new account, it can be automatically assigned to your reps
There are three ways to assign representatives to places:
1. From individual place profile in the Places tab.
2. By importing the place list with rep assignment added to the list.
3. By assigning representatives in bulk using the Actions tab. Check the box next to a place you want to assign a representative to. At the bottom action tab will open, and you need to click on Edit.
Click on the Reps tab and check the box next to the representative name you want to assign to a place. After you done, click on the Apply changes.
In the Actions tab, backoffice users can assign certain reps, unassign other reps, and leave already assigned reps on Places in one bulk action.
PRO TIP: Before assigning representatives to Places, especially when adding new team members or accounts it could be very helpful to filter your places in the Actions tab using various criteria that you can save as segments for further use cases. Some possible filters are Place Tags, Place Status, Days since last check-in, Form questions. For more information about filtering please look at our Places section.
Optional settings for managing rep assignments can be found in Application Settings under Representatives. From there, managers can choose to activate the Assign representative to new place option. If turned on, when a representative creates a new Place via the mobile app, they will be assigned to that place.
Another optional setting is to Restrict places on the mobile app by Representative, in which case, a rep can access only places assigned to them. If you also decide to Disable access to unassigned Places, then your representatives will not be able to check into any Places that are not assigned to them. If you Enable access to unassigned Places, they will be able to check into Places that have no assignees.
Representatives assigned to different Places will easily filter and find the Places they need. Moreover, if the setting is turned on, they can be restricted to only see Places assigned to them.