Once you have your places divided into Territories, you can assign your representatives to specific Territories. You can assign as many representatives in a Territory as you want, and you can assign reps to multiple Territories as well. As a back-office user, in the Activities screen and the Actions tab, you can always filter by Territory and, in that way, have a better overview of the places and activities in specific Territories. From the Actions tab, managers can assign Territories to multiple places in bulk, and schedule subscribers can take action with mass scheduling.
If you choose to assign your team directly to (multiple) Territories, you have the following benefits:
- keep your team organized
- see all accounts in their region
- use the Territories filter in Repsly reports to segment your data
- assign and/or restrict other back-office users to Territories
To assign representatives to Territories, you have to create your list of territories first and then assign each territory for each rep and place. Make sure each Place and rep has a territory for this assignment to be seamless. Territories are created by clicking on the Gear Icon, then Settings, and choosing the Territories heading. From there, you can create your Territories, deactivate or reactivate them. We have a detailed guide on this link: How to create and manage Territories for my Reps and Places?
Assign Representatives one by one
1. Open the representative from the Representatives tab.
2. Under Territory, choose the Territories you want to assign them to. You can also type in the desired territory in the text box field on the top of the menu with the magnifying glass.
Check the box next to the Territory you want to assign. If you only choose to assign certain sub-territories, when you do that, they will be marked with the checkbox, and the Territory it derives from will be marked with a line.
The user can see the root territory and the sub-territory the assigned territory comes from, but not the Territories they're not explicitly assigned to. In other words, only the territories marked with a blue check box; in this case, territory West and sub-territory Coast will be assigned.
Assign representatives in bulk
If you want to assign multiple reps, to multiple territories, at once, you can do so with the help of an Excel file. The steps are listed below.
1. Export the list of your representatives from the Representatives tab.
2. Edit the Excel file by assigning reps to the territories you want. In this case, Becky will be assigned to the territory West and the sub-territory Coast. Daniel will be assigned to territories West and South, Emilia to West, John to the sub-territory City center, and Mark to territories East and North.
3. Once you are done, go back to Repsly, and in the Representatives tab and click on Import representatives.
4. Lastly, a new window will open, where you can upload or copy and paste your file.
The representative or the backoffice user in question will see only the Places in the territories assigned to them. If you want to learn more about the value of using Territories, we recommend the following article as a guide: How to use and assign reps to Territories.
Another optional setting is to Restrict places on the mobile app by Representative.