Some of our customers like their mobile device users to also have access to the Repsly web platform. Creating a backoffice user profile, for a former representative can get a bit tricky, especially if you want them to use the same emails. Repsly does not allow duplicate emails, names, or IDs, so here are the steps you should take to deactivate the representative profiles of your reps and create backoffice profiles with mobile access for them.
- Deactivate the representative account - link to a detailed explanation.
- After the deactivation, scramble the ID, name, and email of the former representative. You can add a few numbers to their email address, and change the name, that should do the trick.
For example, instead of email@example.com, you could put firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Create a backoffice account for your representative - link to a detailed explanation.
Make sure to enable mobile access for them, so they can continue to use their app.
- Optionally, you can limit them to territories if you are currently using that option. Take a look at our article on How to limit Managers to individual territories.
Deactivate the representative
1. Click on the Representatives tab.
2. Click on the Representative who should have backoffice access.
3. On this page, you will see a box that says active rep. In order to deactivate their account, unclick the active box and this representative will no longer be active.
Adding a Back Office User
- To add a backoffice user, click on the Gear icon. Next click on Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Backoffice users
- Click on New User.
- Fill in the necessary data for your representative, you can use their old email. Make sure you also Enable mobile access so your teammate can still access their mobile app.
- Take a look at the Permissions and check or uncheck the appropriate boxes. Click here to get a detailed explanation of What different back office user permissions stand for.
Your representatives will be able to access both the web platform and the mobile app. You can share this short tutorial with them, from which they can learn what they can do with their new access Backoffice Training Video