In order to see your team on the map, follow their routes or allow them to check into locations if you have enabled the check-in radius, it is essential that your team has their location services and GPS always turned on.
To make it easier for your team to know what settings need to be turned on, follow our guide.
For iOS devices, turning location services is an easy, straightforward procedure:
To turn on the Location services for iOS devices first go to Settings, then tap on Privacy, then Location Services - make sure they are turned on - and for Repsly choose Always.
* NOTE: Remember that there are two steps - Turning the location services on and additionally allowing them Always for Repsly.
Other GPS tips for iOS
- Turn the Location Services off, wait for 15-20 seconds and turn it back on.
- Turn the Airplane mode for 20 seconds, and then turn it back off.
- Perform a soft reset: Press and hold the Sleep/wake button and the power button at the same time > Keep holding these buttons for at least 10 seconds >Release the buttons when you see the Apple logo.
- Reset your network settings: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings >Enter your passcode >Tap Reset Network Settings
- Update the device software: Settings > General > Software Update
- Restore your iPhone to factory settings using iTunes
For Android devices, the procedure can differ due to the variety of different Android phones on the market, but the most common setting is the following:
- Open your device's Settings app.
- Tap Security & location.
- If you don't see "Security & location" and see only Location, tap on "Location"
- Tap Location.
- Turn Use location on
We highly recommend additionally adjusting the Advanced settings.
In advanced location settings, mostly found under Security & Location - Google Location Accuracy or Location - Mode always.
Always use: Turn Improve Location Accuracy on (choose High accuracy)
Turn your device’s location accuracy on
- Open your device's Settings app.
- Tap Security & location and then Location.
- Tap Advanced and then Google Location Accuracy.
*Note: If you don’t see "Advanced" or if you see "(Location) Mode" pick High accuracy
- Turn Improve Location Accuracy on.
Most devices allow users to choose from three options: High accuracy, Battery saving and Device only. Always choose the following:
- High accuracy: Use GPS, Wi-Fi, mobile networks, and sensors to get the most accurate location. Use Google Location Services to help estimate your device's location faster and more accurately.
Additionally, you need to allow location services permissions for Repsly
Due to device differences, the steps might differ from the ones pictured above but most common are found under Settings, then Privacy or Privacy and emergency as pictured above, then choose Location or Location services and there find Repsly.
When an app is using your device’s location via GPS, the top of your screen shows Location .
The GPS shortcut is found when you swipe your screen, but always double-check additional device settings first.
Other GPS tips for Android
- Make sure you are not using the power-saving mode
- Try turning on/off your airplane mode
- Remove your phone case
- Restart your phone
- Update google maps
- Update your device OS if needed
- Reset to Factory Settings
If nothing helps, please consider taking your device to a professional to check for an internal hardware malfunction.
Unable to check in to a place with the GPS on
If the rep is at the right location and the GPS is 100% working that means that the place was unfortunately entered in Repsly with a wrong location, that the address entered was not fully a match to Google maps but it can also mean that our service provider Google automatically put the pin of the place on the right address but still physically further than the actual location.
To fix this issue we recommend two approaches.
1. Whenever your representative experiences this issue, they can click on place contact to edit the place record and open the map view, from there they will see if the red pin is on the same place as their current physical location. If it is not a match, they can just drag the pin to the right position and this should help.
Below is how it looks like on Android
Below is how it looks like on iOS
We also have a detailed guide on how to do it HERE