With QuickBooks Online you can easily sync all of your clients, products, and invoices directly between Repsly and Quickbooks, the invoicing software of choice for many small business owners.
Note: To properly sync your Quickbooks Customers with Repsly Places, the 'Customer name' field in Quickbooks and the 'Place name' field in Repsly must be identical. If the names are not identical the sync will result in duplicate entries.
Objectives for Repsly/QBO Implementation
- Enable Reps in the field to add new Customers
- Synchronize those customers with QBO
- Synchronize changes made to Customer Records in QBO with Customer Records in Repsly
- Enable reps in the field to take orders which include Returns
- Send those orders from Repsly to QBO where they appear as invoices
Additional Requirement of the solution
Support the ability to bill parent companies
Key Points to Know
Sync runs automatically every 15 Minutes
Repsly is the MASTER for Customer Records
QBO is the master for Product Records
If changes are made to a customer in both systems in between syncs, the update made in Repsly will ‘win’.
Best practice is to update Places in Repsly directly.
New accounts added to Repsly should have the BillTo info in the ‘Notes’ field, which will sync to QBO
Product Lists are maintained in QBO and sync to Repsly.
If a product is in Repsly and not in QBO, that order will not sync
Adding New Customers
New customers should be added in Repsly (back office or mobile app).
These customers will then sync to Quickbooks Online.
If you want to deactivate a customer, this should be done in Repsly.
To deactivate a customer, uncheck the active place box on the place’s profile.’
Reactivating a previously deactivated customer is not recommended, and may cause duplicates inside your account.
Mapping of Customer Fields
Adding New Products
● New products should be added in Quickbooks Online and then they will sync to Repsly.
● Products can be imported or added individually in Quickbooks Online.
Click on Invoicing, then choose Products and click Add Product. From there select the type of product and input the product information.
Mapping of Product Fields
● When deactivating a product, this must be done in Quickbooks Online and Repsly.
● If a product is only deactivated in Quickbooks Online, the rep will be able to make an order with that product, but the order will be rejected by Quickbooks and will not sync.
● When deactivating a product, please deactivate in Repsly first and then allow for all orders to have synced in Quickbooks Online
Mapping of Order/Invoice Fields