Once you create Territories you assign your Places to them according to your business needs. Your Territories can represent different geographical areas and be grouped by location like West, East, Centre, New York, California and similar, but you can also create them depending on the place type, it all depends how you want to group your places.
The value of creating Territories is that once you have your places divided into Territories you can assign your representatives to specific Territories. You can assign as many representatives in a Territory as you want.
As a back-office user in the Activities screen, you can always filter by Territory and in that way have a better overview of the places and activities in specific Territories.
If you decide to have more back-office users you can restrict them to specific Territories so that different back-office users can have insights only into the Territories assigned to them. Naturally, as an admin user, you can manage everything in your account.
When you choose to assign your places to Territories you can do it in bulk using the Actions tab. feature. If you are using tags for your places you can first filter them by a certain tag and then you will get all the places associated with that tag. Then you just have to select these places and assign them to a specific Territory.
1. The Actions tab is located right next to the Activities tab. Click on it to enter.
2. Select the Places from the place list you want to assign to a specific territory. You can choose all by checking the "Select all" box or you can choose which places to select.
You can also filter the places first as illustrated in the picture below on the right, i.e. filter them based on their "Status".
When you make your selection, click on the three vertical green dots as pictured below.
4. When you click on Assign a territory another window will appear with a drop-down menu with all your Territories to choose from. When you choose the desired territory click on Apply.
5. After you click on Apply you will see the last message "This action will be applied to xy place(s). Are you sure you want to proceed?" When you click on Confirm you will see a message that your places have been updated.
How to Bulk Assign Territories to Places in Excel
If you have multiple places that need to be assigned to a Territory, Repsly allows you to import this data using an excel spreadsheet, but also to export your file, make changes and import it again. Just follow these steps:
1. Export a list of your places to an excel spreadsheet.
2. On your spreadsheet, add a column and label the column Territory.
3. For each place that needs a specific Territory, add the Territory name (located in Settings under Territories) in the corresponding column (Territory).
4. Import the updated list back into Repsly and your places list will now be updated.
Below is an example of how the spreadsheet should look like.